21 Oct ASK AN AEROSPACE AND DEFENSE KEYNOTE SPEAKER & FUTURIST: WHERE IS THE INDUSTRY HEADING?
The best aerospace and defense keynote speakers and futurist consultants have no shortage of work lately, given that the sector encompasses a diverse range of companies involved in aviation, space, national security, and related technology. Here are some of the major types of companies in the industry that are bringing in outside presenters and challenging them with rethinking how AI, automation, machine learning and other trends will reinvent the business:
- Aircraft manufacturers – Frequent partners to aerospace and defense keynote speakers are companies like Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier that design and build commercial and military aircraft, helicopters, drones, and aviation systems and components.
- Aircraft parts suppliers – Hundreds of companies produce specific aircraft components like engines, avionics, landing gear, fasteners, etc. Examples are GE Aviation, Rolls Royce, Honeywell, Raytheon.
- Space contractors – Firms contracted by space agencies to develop rockets, satellites, spacecraft, and provide launch services often look to outside aerospace and defense keynote speakers. Examples are SpaceX, Northrop Grumman, Virgin Galactic.
- Defense contractors – Firms that supply products and services to military and national security agencies. This includes arms manufacturers plus IT, logistics and other defense service providers. Major players who work with aerospace and defense keynote speakers are Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, General Dynamics, BAE Systems.
- Airline operators – The actual airlines that operate commercial flights and transport passengers and cargo worldwide. Examples include Southwest, Delta, United, Emirates, Lufthansa.
- Airports – The thousands of commercial airports worldwide that facilitate air travel and transport services. Per aerospace and defense keynote speakers, these range from small regional airports to large international hubs.
- Navigation and air traffic control – Companies developing navigation systems, radar, communications networks and air traffic management technologies. Players like Garmin, Harris, Thales Group.
- Military agencies – Government bodies that oversee national security often partner with aerospace and defense keynote speakers like the Department of Defense and branches of the military. They are major buyers from defense contractors.
The sector is massive, technically advanced and globally connected, employing millions worldwide. Aviation and defense capabilities define the technological strength of leading nations. Noting this, it’s no surprise that many firms look to aerospace and defense keynote speakers for advice and insight.