16 Sep AIRPORT KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND FUTURIST: WHAT’S THE FUTURE OF AIRPORTS, AIRLINES AND AIR TRAVEL?
How do airport keynote speakers and transportation futurists see tomorrow’s biggest airport and airline providers changing and transforming? Allow us to share our thoughts:
- Increased automation – Travel hubs will likely continue to automate more processes like check-in, bag drop, security screening, etc. using advanced technology like facial recognition, AI, robotics, etc. According to top airport keynote speakers, it could make operations more efficient.
- Enhanced security – There will be further advances in security technology to detect threats. Things like improved full body scanners, biometrics, smarter cameras, sensors, and data analytics could be used.
- Self-service – More self-service options will be available for passengers to use touchscreens, apps, etc. to check-in, print bag tags, get boarding passes, find gates, order food, etc. without staff assistance.
- Smart design – Per the best airport keynote speakers, terminal design will become more modular and flexible to handle changing volumes and flows of passengers. There may be increased use of automation and self-service to streamline the airport experience.
- Sustainability – With concerns about climate change, airports will aim to be more sustainable through renewable energy, reduced emissions, eco-friendly materials, and efficient operations.
- Enhanced amenities – New amenities like smart lounges, relaxation areas, cultural experiences, and expanded dining/shopping options could improve the passenger experience from airport keynote speakers’ standpoint.
- Seamless transport – Better integration of airports with other transport like metro trains, self-driving cars/shuttles, hyperloop networks, etc. can improve connectivity.
- Enhanced data use – Better utilization of data analytics, sensors, IoT, etc. will help airports be more efficient and provide a personalized travel experience.
The way today’s best airport keynote speakers tell it, the airport of the future will likely be highly automated, secure, sustainable and offer an improved passenger experience overall through advanced technology and design. But it will require significant investment and planning to get there.