09 Aug FUTURE TRENDS TO WATCH, PER THE BEST SUPPLY CHAIN SPEAKERS
Let’s discuss a few of the key technology trends that the best supply chain speakers suggest are helping drive innovation and improvements:
- Artificial Intelligence – It’s automating forecasting, order optimization, tracking, logistics coordination, and enabling predictive analytics, per today’s best supply chain speakers and futurists.
- Blockchain – Provides transparency, traceability, integrity of record keeping and process visibility across the supply chain.
- Internet of Things – IoT sensors enable real-time tracking of inventory levels, conditions, locations, and performance.
- Robotics & Automation – Automating warehouse picking, packing, transporting and inventory management is happening through robotics.
- 3D Printing – Allows on-demand manufacturing of spare parts and new production of small batches closer to the point of use according to the best supply chain speakers on the circuit today.
- Big Data Analytics – Better analytics to derive insights from massive amounts of supply chain and logistics data being generated.
- 5G Connectivity – Faster and more reliable network connectivity enabling extensive IoT deployment and real-time coordination.
- Drones – Automated drones are emerging for last mile delivery, inspection and inventory management uses or so the best supply chain speakers report.
- Digital Twins – Simulating real-world entities like products, assets and processes via digital twin models improves planning.
- Driverless Vehicles – Autonomous trucks, forklifts in warehouses and last mile delivery bots will reshape supply chains.
- Cloud Computing – Cloud platforms enable supply chain applications to flexibly scale while improving access to data.
According to the best supply chain speakers, these technologies are increasing automation, visibility, coordination and helping optimize global, omni-channel supply chains.