21 Aug CATERING KEYNOTE SPEAKER: FUTURE TRENDS IN MEETINGS AND FOOD SERVICE INNOVATION
Ask a catering keynote speaker and food futurist and they’ll tell you where they’re focusing most of their on-site and virtual speaking presentations…
- Food trends – Emerging flavors, ingredients, and dining styles influencing catering menus like Middle Eastern, Asian fusion, vegan, street food. Lately a big focus for catering keynote speakers.
- Sustainability – Strategies for waste reduction, composting, local sourcing, and eliminating single-use plastics to make catering more eco-friendly.
- Presentation and design – Innovative food styling, serving styles, centerpieces, and decor to make dishes stand out. Multi-sensory experiences from a catering keynote speaker’s perspective.
- Logistics management – Using software and inventory best practices for organizing complex catering operations and managing teams, equipment, and deliveries.
- Food safety – Important protocols, training, and technology for safe food handling, storage, transport and allergen management. Compliance issues.
- Nutrition and wellness – Offering balanced, nourishing menu options with transparent ingredient information to meet customer health and dietary needs or so catering keynote speakers tell us.
- Staff recruitment – Finding, training and retaining talented culinary staff amidst industry labor shortages.
- Marketing and sales – Leveraging social media, advertising partnerships, cross-promotion with venues/suppliers to build catering brand awareness.
- Budget management – Controlling food, labor, rentals, and other costs with purchasing strategies and financial systems while maintaining profit margins.
- Alcohol management – From a catering keynote speaker’s viewpoint, processes for procuring, transporting and serving alcohol in compliance with liquor laws for various event types and client needs.
- Customer experience – Providing exceptional, seamless customer service throughout the planning process and event execution.