04 Aug CHIEF DIGITAL OFFICER (CDO) KEYNOTE SPEAKER: THE FUTURE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND DATA MANAGEMENT
As a CDO keynote speaker and futurist consultant, our team is often called upon to assist Chief Digital Officers with data management, information technology consulting, virtual speaking and other tasks. Why do these accomplished IT execs often look to outside consultants and thought leaders for input, given their expertise with cloud apps, computer networking, AI and other technology trends, though? It’s important to think about the role they play in an enterprise, and why it helps to get multiple perspectives and insights. If you were to ask a CDO keynote speaker and futurist, for instance, you’d hear that it is an executive role focused on overseeing an organization’s digital transformation strategy and digital capabilities. Typical responsibilities of the position include:
- Developing and executing digital strategy – Folks here are responsible for defining the organization’s vision and roadmap for adopting new digital technologies, channels, and processes. Think areas like digital marketing, e-commerce, and mobile applications as well.
- Driving digital transformation – The head here leads structural and cultural changes needed to integrate digital across the organization… as well as changes to business models, operations, products, and customer engagement, according to CDO keynote speakers and futurist consultants.
- Overseeing digital user experience – Chief Digital Officers oversee design of customer-facing digital properties like websites, apps, and interfaces to provide seamless user experiences across devices and platforms.
- Managing data analytics and intelligence – Leading use of customer data, metrics, and digital feedback to gain market insights and guide business decision making falls under the executive’s domain.
- Coordinating digital activities – The CDO ensures collaboration between departments like IT, marketing, customer service, and operations on digital projects and initiatives which brings alignment.
- Assessing emerging technologies – Staying on top of technological advancements and trends is crucial. Like CDO keynote speakers and futurist consultants note, the head of IT researches how new technologies can be integrated and capitalized on.
- Driving digital culture – Top CDOs champion changes to workplace culture, processes, and employee training needed to become more digitally mature and agile.
- Overseeing digital teams – Recruiting, developing, and managing digital specialists like user experience designers, data analysts, and developers.
Like CDO keynote speakers and futurist consultants observe, the role is relatively new and gaining prominence as organizations navigate an increasingly digital business landscape. The specific responsibilities may vary by industry and company maturity.