28 Aug TOP CHARTER SCHOOLS KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND FUTURIST: WHAT’S THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION?
Why are charter schools keynote speakers’ and education futurists’ phones ringing off the hook lately? Think an incoming tidal wave of new technology trends and innovations for starters. But before we dive deeper in later posts, let’s think about who’s hiring charter schools keynote speakers and what role that they serve.
For those new to the space, we’re talking about independent public schools that are allowed greater flexibility and autonomy than traditional public schools in exchange for increased accountability. What you might want to know about such educational institutions:
- Charter schools operate according to a “charter” or contract that outlines the school’s mission, academic goals, and accountability measures. It is granted by a designated charter authorizer, which is often the state board of education or a university.
- Such entities are tuition-free and open to all students who wish to attend as charter schools keynote speakers explain. There is typically an enrollment lottery if demand exceeds available seats.
- Top picks are exempted from many regulations that apply to school districts. Such status allows them to innovate in areas like curriculum, teacher hiring, length of school day/year, etc.
- At the same time, like charter schools keynote speakers and education consultants note, they are held accountable for academic performance through the metrics outlined in their charter. Schools can have their charters revoked if they fail to meet standards.
- The majority of charter schools are non-unionized and hire teachers on an individual contract basis.
- They receive public funding similar to traditional public schools but often with less access to facilities and special education funding.
- Like any charter schools keynote speaker can tell you, institutions are found throughout the U.S. but most densely concentrated in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
If we had to bring it all together? In a nutshell, you’d heard top charter schools keynote speakers explain that such providers operate with more autonomy in hopes of spurring innovation and improving student outcomes. However, appropriate oversight is crucial to prevent fraud and abuse.