01 Oct CHATBOTS KEYNOTE SPEAKER & AI FUTURIST: THE FUTURE OF MACHINE LEARNING & SOFTWARE PERSONALITIES
From leading chatbots keynote speakers’ and AI futurists’ perspective, the future of machine learning and virtual assistants will bring advances of all kinds, not the least of which are:
- More natural language processing – Software personalities will continue to improve at understanding nuances and context in human language and having more natural, conversational dialogues.
- Expanded use of AI – Top chatbots keynote speakers argue that offerings will also leverage deep learning and neural networks more extensively to boost their reasoning and capabilities.
- Tighter integration with other systems – Solutions are going to integrate further with a company’s various backend systems like CRM, ERP, and databases to deliver smarter service.
- Omnichannel deployment – Per chatbots keynote speakers, offerings are sure to expand beyond a single interface like messaging to interact with users across devices and channels like web, mobile apps, voice assistants etc.
- Hyper-personalization – More precise user targeting and contextual recommendations based on individual behaviors and preferences.
- Expanded use cases – Tech offerings here have huge potential across areas like customer service, sales, education, healthcare. New innovative use cases will emerge or so chatbots keynote speakers assert.
- Voice-based interfaces – Voice-enabled chatbots will become more ubiquitous through voice assistants and smart speakers.
- Human-bot collaboration – Bots and humans working together closely, with bots deferring to humans in areas they lack capabilities.
- Regulatory oversight – The best chatbots keynote speakers say added regulations should come around transparency and data privacy as chatbots take on greater roles.
While challenges like gaining user trust remain, chatbots keynote speakers reveal that top picks here are poised to become a major transformation technology across many industries in the years ahead.