07 Oct WHERE DO CYBER RISK KEYNOTE SPEAKERS & FUTURISTS SEE CYBERSECURITY HEADING?
Cyber risk keynote speakers are a chatty bunch. Sorts of subjects that you could anticipate seeing pros cover in their talks would be as follows:
- Emerging digital threats and trends – The best cyber risk keynote speakers often discuss new types of cyberattacks, hacking techniques, malware etc. that organizations need to be aware of. Topics hit on things like ransomware, supply chain attacks, IoT vulnerabilities, social engineering threats and more.
- High-profile data breaches and lessons learned – Keynotes frequently analyze major cybersecurity incidents at large companies or government agencies. They break down how the attack happened, where vulnerabilities existed, and steps that could have prevented it.
- Risk management best practices – Top cyber risk keynote speakers also advise audiences on processes and strategies to identify, assess, and mitigate online hazards. Think discussions of incident response planning, cyber insurance, security technologies, employee training, compliance frameworks, and risk transfer.
- Digital transformation and expanded attack surfaces – Many talks address how digital transformation trends like cloud computing, remote work, BYOD, and increased connectivity have introduced new cyber risks. Presenters discuss these evolving attack surfaces and security considerations.
- Cybersecurity skills gap and talent management – There is a major global shortage of cybersecurity professionals. The best cyber risk keynote speakers often examine how organizations can attract, retain and develop cyber talent.
- Emerging regulations and reporting requirements – Experts review new and proposed cybersecurity laws and regulations that companies may need to follow. Many hit on privacy rules, breach disclosure laws, industry cyber standards, and regulatory enforcement.
- Quantifying and communicating cyber risks – Estimating cyber risks, costs, probabilities and potential business impacts can be challenging. Talks by cyber risk keynote speakers may focus on risk quantification models, metrics and how to convey emerging challenges of note to company executives and boards.