15 Sep GLOBAL EVENT EMCEE (MC): HOW EVENT HOSTS CAN TAKE CONFERENCES & MEETINGS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
If you’re not familiar, an event emcee (MC) host and keynote speaker plays a key role at meetings, conventions, conferences and trade shows by guiding the program and adding entertainment value. To get a sense of services provided, think:
- Introduction – Opening the program with enthusiasm and welcoming attendees. Setting the tone as an event emcee.
- Transitioning segments – Introducing speakers/performers, providing background as needed. Keeping transitions smooth.
- Banter – Adding fun commentary and banter between program elements to entertain and engage the audience.
- Stage presence – Using humor, charm and energy as an event emcee to captivate the audience throughout the event.
- Timing – Keeping the event moving on time by adhering to the program schedule.
- Announcements – Making important announcements about venue logistics, schedules, etc.
- Audience interaction – Getting the audience involved through activities that event emcees provide like contests, sing-alongs, cheers, etc.
- Tone – Helping create and sustain the desired atmosphere, whether upbeat, somber, lively, etc.
- Logistics – Coordinating with staff to ensure smooth technical and backstage logistics.
- Event narrative – Guiding the audience through the overall event storyline from start to finish from an event emcee’s perspective.
- Thanking – Expressing appreciation for sponsors, volunteers, staff, speakers, etc.
- Wrap-up – Providing closure by recapping highlights and key moments from the event.
The best event emcees act as a bridge between program elements and the audience. Pro speakers keep the energy high while guiding the event seamlessly from segment to segment.