15 Sep HOW EVENT MODERATORS AND HOSTS GIVE YOU AN EDGE AT MEETINGS, CONFERENCES AND CONVENTIONS
Pro tip: The best event moderators have become very popular among convention, conference, trade show and meeting planners for all sorts of reasons…
- Facilitation – Pros expertly facilitate discussion between panelists and engage the audience through questions. It brings value through meaningful dialogue.
- Flow – Top event moderators transition smoothly between segments and speakers, providing seamless program flow.
- Credibility – The right expert here adds credibility with their reputation and subject matter expertise.
- Engagement – Skilled presenters engage audiences through humor, activities, audience participation, etc.
- Balance – Also, the best event moderators balance driving the program forward with creating space for organic conversations to develop.
- Insights – Their perspective and insights during the discussion often enhances the experience.
- Control – Thought leaders prevent individual speakers from dominating and steer off-track conversations back on point.
- Access – Many well-known event moderators can attract bigger name speakers and larger audiences.
- Presence – Advisors’ stage presence and hosting skills create an impactful, memorable program.
- Flexibility – Top event moderators adapt their role seamlessly across discussion formats like panels, keynotes, fireside chats, etc.
- Relationship – Practitioners build rapport with speakers beforehand, allowing for smooth on-stage interactions.
From a 30,000-foot view, leading event moderators enhance discussion, guides event flow, and takes the event experience to the next level for audiences. And you’ll note that pros’ growing popularity stems from the value they add.