04 Aug ASK A FUTURE OF BANKING SPEAKER: WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST BANKS TODAY?
Gazing into the crystal ball, us future of banking speakers and finance futurists see no end of change and disruption in sight. New technology, future trends and workforce innovations aplenty are rapidly remaking the world of financial services, right as we speak. In fact, it’s often hard to keep up with all that’s happening out there! That said, if you want to see some of the many new trends and developments we’re watching as future of banking speakers and finance futurists take shape, below are a few of largest banks in America by total assets that you can follow – as they go, so does much of the industry:
- JPMorgan Chase – The biggest bank in the US with over $3 trillion in assets. A leader in investment banking, asset management and retail banking.
- Bank of America – Second largest bank in the US with assets over $2.3 trillion. Major retail bank with large credit card and mortgage operations, per future of banking speakers and finance futurists.
- Citigroup – Global financial services company and one of the “Big Four” banks in the US with assets around $2 trillion.
- Wells Fargo – Large retail bank with over $1.9 trillion in assets and offices across the US. Currently recovering from scandal.
- Goldman Sachs – Preeminent global investment bank and financial services company, with over $1 trillion in assets. Often discussed by future of banking speakers and top consulting finance futurists.
- Morgan Stanley – Major American investment bank with over $1 trillion in managed assets. Competes directly with Goldman.
- U.S. Bancorp – Largest regional bank in America, headquartered in Minneapolis. Caters to consumers and businesses, with $540 billion in assets.
- PNC Financial – Major regional bank out of Pittsburgh providing corporate and retail banking services across America. Manages around $500 billion in assets.
- TD Bank – American subsidiary of Canadian firm Toronto Dominion. Operates on East Coast with $390 billion in assets.
- Truist Financial Corporation – Southern regional bank formed from 2019 BB&T and SunTrust merger. $540 billion in assets.
If you were to ask future of banking speakers and finance futurists, the list features a mix of nationwide banks and major regional player concentrated in certain parts of the US. The top 4 dominate the industry.