05 Aug WHAT’S THE FUTURE OF BUSINESS? FAMOUS KEYNOTE SPEAKER OFFERS THOUGHTS
Wondering what future of business speakers and consulting futurists do for a living? Work assignments often span a surprisingly wide range of tasks, you might be interested to find out. In any event, since we’re future of business speakers who spend loads of time working with other organizations, let’s lift the curtain. Behold a few common types of projects that we and our colleagues in the field are asked to work on:
- Trend analysis – Researching technological, social, political, environmental trends that will shape the future of industries and business models.
- Scenario planning – Developing scenarios describing plausible future operating environments and strategic implications – a major focus for future of business speakers and futurist consultants of all kinds.
- Vision creation – Crafting vivid visions and narratives of potential future states for companies, industries or the world.
- Strategic foresight – Defining long-range strategies and innovation roadmaps to capitalize on future opportunities.
- Partner ecosystem conceptualization – Envisioning future partnership and platform business models.
- Decision framework development – Creating frameworks to evaluate decisions against possible future outcomes.
- Experiential design – Developing immersive exhibits, simulations and games to experience potential futures first-hand – another area where future of business speakers are frequently called on to perform.
- Policy advising – Making policy recommendations to governments and regulators on fostering innovation, competitiveness etc.
- New operating model design – Reimagining organizational structures, workforce models, culture etc. for the future.
- Education program development – Creating development programs on future readiness, strategic foresight, exponential technologies etc.
- Prototype creation – Building prototypes to demonstrate future technologies and their business application.
- Executive briefings – Briefing leadership teams as future of business speakers on impending disruptions and future opportunities.
The goal is to provide insights, frameworks and models that help organizations visualize, understand, prepare for and shape their preferred future of business.