08 Aug FUTURE OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION SPEAKER: TECHNOLOGY TRENDS AND FUTURE INNOVATIONS TO WATCH
Unsurprisingly, future of digital transformation speakers and IT futurist virtual speaking presenters have all manner of viewpoints on which new technology trends and future innovations we should be watching as business leaders. I suppose that’s only natural given the many different angles and backgrounds and contexts from which folks tend to come at the topic. However, I do think that there are enough commonalities (at least in spots) where we can draw some direct lines between what many of the future of digital transformation speakers present on. Below, let’s catalogue a number of different types or scopes of digital transformation that are commonly discussed:
- Business Model Transformation – Using technology to create entirely new revenue streams, business models or value propositions. Illustrations could include a company shifting to a subscription model or creating a digital marketplace.
- Operational Transformation – Adapting internal business operations, supply chains, processes, activities and competencies to be significantly more efficient or effective through digital technologies. May include automation, IoT, AI, etc. the way future of digital transformation speakers put it.
- Customer Experience Transformation – Creating seamless, omnichannel customer experiences across touchpoints by connecting sales, service, marketing, commerce with digital capabilities. Focused on customer-centricity.
- Product/Service Transformation – Introducing smart, connected digital products, software and services that transform the value delivered to customers. Connected vehicles, wearables, and smart appliances are examples.
- Cultural/Organizational Transformation – Evolving the company’s culture, organization structure, ways of working and employee skillsets to support digital priorities and new capabilities. Emphasis on agility. You can bet this is a hot topic for future of digital transformation speakers lately.
- Data & Analytics Transformation – Making data and analytics a core capability across the organization to drive competitive advantage through actionable insights, automation and innovation.
- Legacy Modernization – Upgrading or replacing legacy systems, IT infrastructure, platforms, etc. to be digital-ready. Could involve cloud migration, integration, etc.
Feedback from the best future of digital transformation speakers and futurists indicates that the scope can range from focused, individual initiatives in certain areas to a full, company-wide transformation encompassing multiple areas. The strategy depends on the company’s specific context, needs and objectives.