09 Aug THE FUTURE OF GROCERY STORES REVEALED: A KEYNOTE SPEAKER’S TAKE
Pop quiz: Can you name the top technologies that future of grocery speakers predict will transform supermarkets and the industry as a whole? A list lies below…
- Automated checkout – Systems like Amazon Go that enable cashier-less checkout to speed up the shopping experience. A favorite topic among future of grocery speakers today.
- Robotics & micro-fulfillment – Robots and automated systems for warehouse picking and inventory management to enable faster delivery.
- Digital price tags – Electronic shelf labels that can be changed automatically and provide additional product information.
- Augmented reality – AR apps that future of grocery speakers say can help locate items in-store or provide supplemental product details and recommendations.
- Smart carts/baskets – Enhanced carts and baskets with built-in touchscreens, sensors, and weighing systems.
- Digital signage – In-store video screens and other displays that can surface targeted promotions and recommendations.
- Order optimization algorithms – AI-powered software to optimize online order picking/packing processes in warehouses.
- Autonomous delivery – Using self-driving vehicles and drones for last-mile grocery delivery.
- Blockchain – Improving traceability and transparency of supply chains that future of grocery speakers note can be facilitated via blockchain.
- Mobile apps – Apps to simplify online ordering, personalized offers, loyalty programs, and in-store navigation.
- Predictive analytics – Data mining to forecast demand and gain customer insights for targeted marketing.
- Internet of Things – Smart shelves with integrated sensors that automatically track inventory.
Frankly, in our eyes, the top future of grocery speakers not only highlight these tech innovations, but also discuss real-world examples of their implementation and the tangible business benefits for grocers as well though.