08 Aug CAN YOU GUESS: WHAT’S THE FUTURE OF LEARNING, PER TOP EDUCATION SPEAKERS?
Based on future of learning speakers and education futurists’ most recent comments, we suspect loads of new technology trends and workforce innovations will change the shape of teaching soon. From AI to machine learning to the Metaverse, VR/AR and gamification, loads of fresh and exciting developments are quickly exploding onto the scene, after all. Being future of learning speakers ourselves, we figured we’d take a moment out to review some new technologies that industry experts say will be most effective in the years ahead:
- Adaptive learning platforms – Systems that customize content and pace to each student’s strengths and needs based on data and AI. Personalized learning.
- Immersive simulations – Using virtual and augmented reality to immerse students in simulated scenarios for hands-on learning about history, science, medical procedures, etc. A top topic of conversation for future of learning speakers.
- Real-time student feedback tools – Technologies like clickers, apps and learning analytics that provide instant feedback on student understanding to teachers.
- AI tutoring applications – Intelligent tutoring systems powered by AI to provide each student 1-on-1 support tailored to their learning gaps and pace. The best future of learning speakers tell us it’s like having a private tutor.
- Digital peer collaboration tools – Apps that allow remote students to easily connect, collaborate on projects, share knowledge and learn together. Builds social learning.
- Gamified learning software – Educational games and game-design elements to make learning objectives more engaging and intrinsically rewarding.
- Mobile microlearning apps – Bite-sized learning content optimized for mobile devices makes learning accessible anytime, anyplace. Fun for future of learning speakers and audiences alike!
- Immersive coding platforms – Interactive virtual environments to teach coding skills through practice in a game-like 3D simulation.
- AI-driven language learning – AI conversational platforms that allow practicing languages by having simulated conversations tailored to skill level.
- Lifelong learning/reskilling platforms – Online systems for continuous education and acquisition of emerging high-value skills throughout one’s lifetime and career.
Experts in the space, like today’s top future of learning speakers, emphasize that the bulk of these tools should complement rather than replace skilled human teachers who guide learning. But they can optimize and personalize at scale too – making them powerful sources of education and insight.