29 Aug SEEING CLEARLY: A GLASS KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND FUTURIST ON THE FUTURE OF GLASSMAKING, DEALERS AND MANUFACTURING
Want to see the business world a little bit clearer? Ask glass keynote speakers and dealer/manufacturer futurist consultants for advice. Below, you’ll find several areas that they’re generally asked to advise on:
- History of glass – The origins and evolution of glassmaking throughout human civilization. Important innovations that shaped glass materials and production from glass keynote speakers’ standpoint.
- Glass manufacturing processes – Methods like float glass, blown glass, molded glass, cast glass and glass 3D printing. Explaining how raw materials are turned into finished glass products.
- Major applications – Use of glass for buildings/architecture, automotive, technology displays, appliances, containers, optics, etc. Trends in key industries.
- Smart glass technologies – Emerging capabilities like electrochromic, photochromic, thermochromic, and suspended particle devices that glass keynote speakers say can dynamically change properties.
- Sustainability – How glass is being made more eco-friendly through recycled content, renewable energy, emission reductions, and greater durability/reuse.
- Glass artistry – Creative uses that glass keynote speakers see like stained glass, blown glass sculptures, glass engraving, glass studios, installation art and glass artisans.
- Glass science – Physics, chemistry, engineering principles and R&D advancing what’s possible with glass materials and applications.
- Glass education – Training glassmakers, scientific glassblowers, glass engineers and artists. Programs delivered by glass keynote speakers at universities, trade schools, apprenticeships, etc.
- Entrepreneurship – Turning glassmaking into viable small businesses, leveraging opportunities like craft brewing and distilling.
- Collections – History and highlights of significant public and private glass collections in museums, galleries and other institutions that glass keynote speakers are tracking.
From giving live talks at meetings and events to virtual online speaking at digital conferences and conventions, there’s no end to the type of assignments pros in the space are given. Our favorite glass keynote speakers are constantly finding their phones ringing – and the way uncertainty and disruption are growing, we trust it will only continue to remain the status quo for the foreseeable future as dealers and manufacturers work to adapt to the so called “new normal” we’re all talking about.