31 Jul ASK A GOVERNMENT FUTURIST: WHAT FUTURE TRENDS AND INNOVATIONS SHOULD AGENCIES AND DEPARTMENTS WATCH FOR?
As government futurists and keynote speakers, it’s not uncommon for us to comment on the future of government, govtech, voting technology, and public services. Doubly so when it comes to the many ways that new advancements like AI, machine learning and automation are impacting the space. We’ll cover the particulars of how future trends and workforce innovations will impact the field in a follow-up posting. However, per today’s best-known government futurists and keynote speakers, we wanted to talk about just a few of many agencies that will be impacted by these changes here. For instance…
- Department of Defense – Oversees the military and all branches of armed forces. Largest government agency.
- Department of Veterans Affairs – Provides benefits and healthcare services to military veterans. Second largest agency according to government futurists and keynote speakers.
- Department of Homeland Security – Protects the US from terrorism and responds to emergencies.
- Department of Health and Human Services – Protects public health, provides social services, and conducts medical research.
- Department of Treasury – Manages federal finances, collects taxes, prints money, produces coins.
- Department of Agriculture – Oversees food, agriculture, forestry, and nutrition policies and programs.
- Department of Justice – Per government futurists and keynote speakers, enforces federal laws, manages federal prisons, maintains public safety.
- Department of Transportation – Develops and coordinates transportation policies and infrastructure.
- Department of Labor – Administers employment, worker rights, and job training programs.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development – Provides housing assistance and community development programs.
- Department of Energy – Manages nuclear resources and energy technology research.
- Department of Education – Establishes policies and distributes funding for education programs.
- Department of State – Conducts diplomacy, promotes democracy, and oversees embassies.
- Department of Interior – Manages public lands, natural resources, and cultural heritage.
- Environmental Protection Agency – Protects human health and oversees environmental regulations.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration – Oversees aeronautics research and space exploration.
- Social Security Administration – Administers retirement benefits and manages Social Security program like government futurists and keynote speakers note.