10 Aug ASK A HEALTH CARE FUTURIST: FUTURE TRENDS AND INNOVATIONS IN MEDICAL CARE AND HOSPITAL SYSTEMS
Health care futurists play an important role in envisioning and planning for the future evolution of medicine, care delivery, technologies, policies and more. Sorts of tasks that consulting experts are assigned might be along the likes of the following. List compiled by our team of health care futurists and keynote speakers.
- Trend analysis – Tracking emerging trends, innovations, and forces shaping the future of health care, from technologies like AI and robotics to shifts in regulations, costs, demographics, etc.
- Forecasting – Using data, research and expertise to model and forecast the trajectory and impact of trends on health care systems, organizations, clinicians, and patient populations as health care futurists.
- Scenario planning – Developing alternative scenarios to explore different plausible futures and implications for health care strategies and operations.
- Strategic advising – Providing guidance to health system leaders, government entities, health tech firms, etc. on preparing for the future based on insights into impending change.
- Policy analysis – As health care futurists, assessing the potential health care impacts of policy proposals and regulatory changes under consideration.
- Opportunity spotting – Identifying new innovation opportunities, service gaps, and areas for investment based on their future-focused research.
- Education – Teaching, speaking and writing about the future of health in a health care futurist’s capacity for various audiences to foster understanding and dialogue.
- Prototype conceptualization – Envisioning and prototyping new care delivery models, technologies, experiences, and platforms.
- Risk anticipation – Anticipating risks associated with emerging innovations and changes in order to develop mitigation approaches.
- Partnership facilitation – Convening diverse health care stakeholders to collectively discuss and address future challenges and opportunities.
Rule of thumb here is that health care futurists look to offer guidance that allows health organizations, innovators and policymakers to make more informed decisions today to meet the future needs of patients, clinicians and health systems.