14 Sep KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND FUTURIST EXPLAINS: HOW TO HIRE A CTO COACH?
So you’re intrigued to find out how to hire a CTO coach. As Chief Technology Officer consultants and keynote speakers, allow us to explain:
- Look for coaches with first-hand C-suite IT backgrounds or other senior technology leadership experience that provides valuable insider perspective.
- Verify technical expertise based on their background as you consider how to hire a CTO coach – software engineering, emerging tech, cybersecurity, etc.
- Ask about their coaching approach and process – meeting cadence, structure, resources, assessments.
- Look for certifications and experience specific to coaching CTOs/technology executives.
- Evaluate chemistry while going through the process of how to hire a CTO coach through initial conversations. Ensure their style aligns with your needs.
- Understand how they maintain confidentiality and handle potential conflicts of interest.
- Ask for references from past CTO/technology clients and evaluate success stories.
- Clearly explain your development goals and desired coaching focus areas as part of the process of determining how to hire a CTO coach.
- Consider coaches with cross-functional expertise beyond just tech – business strategy, leadership.
- Discuss how they measure progress and impact of the coaching engagement.
- Inquire about other services that experts provide as you go about figuring out how to hire a CTO coach like workshops, assessments, or consulting.
- Agree on compensation rates and terms up front. CTO coaching often ranges from $500-$1200 per hour.
- Ask about their network and connections to other CTOs/tech leaders.
Be sure to also review potential coaches thoroughly for the right experience, approach and dynamic to maximize your leadership development as a CTO.