20 Aug ASK A LODGING KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND FUTURIST: WHAT’S THE FUTURE OF HOTELS?
Where are lodging keynote speakers and hotel futurists focusing their efforts recently? Let’s think about what they tend to discuss at hospitality industry events:
- Guest experience trends – Evolving guest expectations around personalization, technology, amenities, sustainability, and uniqueness. A main presenting point for lodging keynote speakers.
- Branded vs independent hotels – Comparison of chain affiliated vs independent hotels in trends, performance, branding, distribution, operations.
- Design and development – Hotel design elements that capture local character. Adaptive reuse, cost-efficient development, brand standards.
- Revenue management – Techniques as lodging keynote speakers and hotel futurists for forecasting demand and optimizing rates and occupancy through pricing, packaging and distribution channel management.
- Marketing and guest acquisition – Digital marketing across search, social, mobile channels. Loyalty programs and direct bookings.
- Technology integration – Optimizing systems for booking, check-in, payments, guest requests, maintenance, staff coordination. A favorite subject for lodging keynote speakers.
- Food and beverage innovation – New dining concepts, local sourcing, wellness menus, social spaces transforming hotel F&B.
- Airbnb and OTAs – Assessing impacts of alternative accommodations and online travel agencies on hotels. Strategies to compete.
- Workforce engagement – Staff training, culture, and talent retention techniques that lodging keynote speakers recommend as suitable for high turnover hospitality workforce.
- Accessibility and inclusion – Making properties and service accessible and welcoming to guests of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Sustainability – Waste, water and energy reduction initiatives. Community and environmental impact.