09 Aug MEDICAL DEVICES KEYNOTE SPEAKER: FUTURE TRENDS AND HEALTHCARE INNOVATIONS TO WATCH
Your favorite medical devices keynote speaker and consulting healthcare futurist makes no bones about the fact that the future of medicine and treatment is rapidly evolving. And, of course, manufacturers up and down the line are a first port of call when looking for sources of future trends and innovations. Putting on our medical devices keynote speaker thinking caps though, it’s important to give folks who aren’t familiar with the space a bit of background up-front, though.
Case in point: Medical devices are instruments, appliances, machines, implants, in vitro reagents, or other similar or related articles that are intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of disease or other conditions. Scroll down to discover more about what you should know about them.
- Instruments range greatly in complexity from simple tongue depressors and thermometers to advanced implantable devices like pacemakers and artificial joints, like a medical devices keynote speaker would tell you.
- Items can be used alone, in combination with other devices, or together with drugs to achieve their purpose. Some require power/electricity to operate.
- There are many classifications of medical devices including diagnostic, therapeutic, monitoring, surgical, orthopedic, dental, ophthalmic, and more.
- Like a medical devices keynote speaker can confirm, solutions here are subject to government regulation and approval to ensure their safety and effectiveness before marketing. In the U.S., the FDA has regulatory oversight.
- Manufacturers must adhere to quality system requirements and good manufacturing practices when producing medical devices.
- Newer technologies like wearables, 3D printing, robotics, nanotechnology are enabling more advanced medical devices to be developed.
- Some common examples include stethoscopes, needles, ventilators, MRI machines, infusion pumps, surgical scissors, contact lenses and thousands of other medical tools – all of which are fair game for medical devices keynote speakers to touch on.
- Pieces of equipment differ from drugs in that they tend to act mechanically or physically on the body rather than through chemical action.
A medical devices keynote speaker would tell you that related equipment encompasses a huge range of instruments and tools, both simple and complex, designed for healthcare applications and improved patient outcomes. Solutions here are regulated for safety and require quality manufacturing.