13 Aug A METAVERSE SPEAKER’S TAKE ON AR, VR, XR AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
Talking as a Metaverse keynote speaker and Web3 futurist, it’s clear to see that the technology is changing and evolving in many ways. Likewise, we’re seeing lots of activity around future trends in workforce and workplace innovations surrounding it. But where, as a Metaverse keynote speaker, does yours truly potentially see things going? You can get the scoop below…
- Interoperability is key. Many speakers stress that the Metaverse won’t be built by any one company. They foresee an open, interconnected environment enabled by common protocols and standards. Such interoperability could allow seamless navigation between experiences.
- It will be a hybrid world. Metaverse keynote speakers predict the tech will integrate both virtual and augmented reality. VR for fully immersive digital environments, AR to overlay digital data/assets onto the physical world. Moving between them is seen as crucial.
- New economic models will emerge. The Metaverse could enable participants to own digital assets and earn money through activities inside these shared virtual spaces. New models like play-to-earn gaming are early examples speakers point to.
- User-created content will be central. The field’s best Metaverse keynote speakers and Web3 futurists anticipate user-generated content, customizable avatars, and user control over data/identity being core to the metaverse. Creativity will come from ordinary users as much as developers.
- Major tech will shape its emergence. Speakers see companies like Meta, Microsoft, Epic, and others playing huge roles in shaping early metaverse infrastructure and standards that could become dominant.
- Challenges around ethics and inclusion need solving. Thought leaders acknowledge issues like bias in algorithms, protecting privacy, ensuring equitable access, moderation, and setting ethical parameters as vital to solve.
As a general rule of thumb, excitement about the Metaverse’s potential mixes with uncertainty on how challenges will be tackled. But top Metaverse keynote speakers ultimately envision an expansive, immersive environment evolving from today’s virtual building blocks.