30 Aug ASK A MUNICIPAL KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND FUTURIST: TECHNOLOGY TRENDS AND FUTURE OF WORK INNOVATIONS OF NOTE
municipal keynote speakers frequently discuss:
- Innovation and technology – Using emerging technologies and innovative practices to improve city/county operations and services. This can include smart cities, digital transformation, data analytics, automation, citizen engagement platforms and more.
- Infrastructure – Upgrading critical infrastructure like roads, bridges, buildings, water systems, power grids, airports, transit and broadband. Funding challenges are often discussed.
- Sustainability – Issues like renewable energy, emission reductions, waste management, water conservation, green buildings, electric vehicles, and climate resiliency.
- Economic development – Strategies for attracting businesses, spurring real estate development, workforce training, supporting local businesses, tourism promotion and creating an innovation ecosystem.
- Finances and budgets – Municipal budget pressures, revenue options, pension liabilities, fiscal stewardship, cost-saving measures and making finances sustainable.
- Public services – Improving core services like public safety/policing, emergency response, libraries, parks, health services and education through partnerships and efficiency.
- Equity and inclusion – Actions to promote diversity, economic mobility, affordable housing and a high quality of life for all residents. Also rebuilding public trust.
- Community engagement – Using technology, partnerships and new models to increase citizen participation, connect residents, and make government more accessible.
- Leadership – Principles and skills like collaboration, communication, ethics, crisis management, change management and visionary thinking for effective municipal leadership.
- Case studies – Examples of successful programs, operations or policies implemented by progressive municipalities.
Does this help summarize some of the key issues municipal keynote speakers often address? Let me know if you have any other questions!