04 Aug ASK AN OMAN FUTURIST: WHAT DO KEYNOTE SPEAKERS SAY ABOUT THE FUTURE OF BUSINESS?
We hear from Oman futurists and keynote speakers that Muscat is a great place to be these days, especially when it comes to meetings, events, tradeshows and conferences. No matter what industry that you’re in, we hear that – for the most part – business is on the upswing and interest in growth and innovation is booming. What firms need to be top of mind if you’re looking to see what’s happening in the nation, though? Oman futurists and professional keynote speakers are reporting back that a few of the largest and most prominent companies headquartered and operating in Muscat, Oman to watch follow…
- Bank Muscat – Largest financial services provider and bank in Oman with extensive branch network. Headquarters in Muscat.
- Omantel – Oman’s primary telecommunications company delivering mobile, internet, TV and connectivity services across the country from Muscat HQ.
- Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) – Leading oil and gas exploration and production company in the country. Like Oman futurists and keynote speakers note, Head office located in Muscat.
- Oman Oil Company (OOC) – State owned oil company with interests across the hydrocarbon value chain.
- Oman Air – Flag carrier airline of the country based at its hub in Muscat International Airport.
- Ominvest – Sovereign wealth fund of the Sultanate of Oman investing locally and internationally from its Muscat HQ.
- OCTAL – Major PET plastic packaging manufacturer supplying to brands globally from production facilities in the area, per Oman futurists and keynote speakers.
- Oman Shipping Company – State owned shipping line providing container shipping, logistics and other maritime services from its base in Muscat.
- National Bank of Oman – Major commercial bank in Oman formed through merger of regional banks. Headquarters in Muscat.
- Port of Sohar – Major seaport north of Muscat operated by Port of Sohar company as a major economic gateway.
Our friends among Oman futurists and keynote speakers say that Muscat serves as the economic and financial capital for the corporate arena, hosting the key players in sectors like energy, banking, transportation and communications.