04 Sep ASK A PACKAGING KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND FUTURIST: WHAT’S NEXT FOR PROCESSING, PACKING AND CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS?
The shape of consumer products is shifting, and the best packaging keynote speakers and processing futurists discuss a wider range of scenarios than ever, often expounding on interests like:
- Sustainability – This is a huge issue in the space right now. The field’s most celebrated and well-known packaging keynote speakers talk about trends and innovations in sustainable packaging, like recyclable, compostable or renewable materials. Reducing waste and carbon footprint through packaging is a major focus.
- E-commerce and delivery – The growth of online shopping has changed packaging needs. Optimizing packaging for shipping and delivery, as well as new formats like subscription boxes. Making packaging functional yet visually appealing for unboxing videos is also relevant.
- Shelf appeal – Packaging has to grab consumer attention on crowded store shelves. The best packaging keynote speakers suggest innovations in structural design, materials, labeling and graphics to make products stand out. Augmented reality and smart packaging are also covered.
- Supply chain optimization – Packaging plays a key role in the supply chain. Keynotes may focus on how packaging can improve efficiency, reduce costs and minimize waste through the supply chain. Topics like active and intelligent packaging may be discussed.
- Food packaging trends – For food specifically, packaging keynote speakers’ topics touch on extending shelf-life through modified atmosphere packaging, on-the-go convenience, portion control packs, tamper evidence, etc. Connected packaging for tracking freshness may also be covered.
- Personalization – Mass customization allows for personalized packaging. How data and digital printing enable targeted, customized and localized packaging.
- Innovation – New packaging materials, interactive technologies like near field communication and breakthrough designs are highlighted by packaging keynote speakers as innovative disruptions in the industry as well.