13 Aug THE FUTURE OF HR AND EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT, PER TOP POPS KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
In what ways do POPS keynote speakers and HR futurists see human resources evolving? Let’s talk about it…
- More automation and AI – According to the field’s top POPS keynote speakers, it will increasingly leverage automation and AI for administrative tasks, freeing up strategic focus. Chatbots for HR inquiries and AI-enabled recruiting tools will become more common.
- Closer collaboration with business leaders – There will be tighter alignment between people ops and business objectives. The function will be embedded more directly into core business planning, POPS keynote speakers say.
- Greater focus on the employee experience – The field will take a more user-centered, employee-focused approach, utilizing techniques like journey mapping to optimize the end-to-end employee experience.
- Increased use of advanced analytics – Sophisticated workforce analytics, predictive modeling, and people data science will become major components of people ops to glean insights.
- More agile, networked structures – Traditional hierarchical org structures will give way to more dynamic, agile, networked teams. The practice will enable more fluid ways of working.
- Focus on lifelong learning – With job disruption likely from technology, POPS keynote speakers say the practice will champion continuous learning and developmental opportunities for workers.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion leadership – The approach will play an integral role in diversity, equity and inclusion strategies reflecting workforce demographic changes.
- Blurred boundaries with marketing – Branding, external reputation management and other marketing functions will intersect more with people ops efforts to attract/retain talent.
- Expanded scope and influence – The people ops function will expand in headcount, resources and influence as organizations become more workforce-centric.
From POPS keynote speakers’ and HR futurists standpoint, efforts will evolve into an increasingly prominent, strategic and technologically-enabled function vital to business success.