03 Sep DIY 4.0 – A POWER TOOLS KEYNOTE SPEAKER ON THE FUTURE OF HARDWARE
Where is the future of hardware heading? To find out, just ask a power tools keynote speaker the next time you see them to talk about:
- New technology and innovations – Emerging technologies like brushless motors, lithium batteries, smart tools with sensors, digital interfaces, etc. that are enhancing hardware performance.
- Connected devices – Insights from power tools keynote speakers into how connectivity and the Internet of Things are enabling tracking, customization, troubleshooting and new capabilities for connected goods.
- Battery technology – Updates on lithium-ion, fast charging systems and other battery innovations that are improving run-time, power, and durability for cordless solutions.
- Ergonomics and safety – How design is evolving to improve user comfort, reduce strain, and incorporate features and safeguards to protect operators.
- Managing a mobile workforce – Strategies and technology that power tools keynote speakers suggest for managing inventory, tracking usage data, maintenance etc. for tools used by mobile field service teams.
- Training and education – Ideas for how manufacturers can help contractors learn proper tool usage, operation, and safety through demos, classes and online education.
- Sustainability – Discussion of how power tool companies can design for sustainability by reducing waste, using green materials and energy sources, enabling repair/refurbishment.
- Market trends and user insights – Analysis by power tools keynote speakers of market growth, user preferences and behaviours to help manufacturers align products with emerging needs.
- New capabilities and applications – Showcasing tools with unique capabilities like multi-functionality as well as new applications in trades like plumbing, flooring, concrete work.
- The future of power tools – Predictions on how tools may evolve in the next 5-10 years based on technology like AI, robotics, augmented reality, 3D printing, etc.
In short, our favorite power tools keynote speaker steadily work to meet the changing needs of professional contractors and home DIYers.