15 Jul TOP CITIES FOR MEETING AND EVENT SPEAKING: US EDITION
What other cities and towns do our spies tell us tend to book keynote or corporate speakers for local events and conferences? All answers are revealed courtesy of your favorite futurists and future trends experts below…
- Asheville, NC – Food, breweries, and outdoor industry drive events.
- Lancaster, PA – Tourism and large Amish population host speakers for niche gatherings.
- Bowling Green, KY – Home to GM factory and other manufacturing.
- Bend, OR – Tourism and conferences in this outdoor recreation hub.
- Wilmington, DE – Presence of large banks and credit card companies.
- Columbia, SC – State capital and university presence necessitate speakers.
- Ithaca, NY – Cornell University and tourism bring speakers.
- Missoula, MT – Outdoor recreation industry and conventions.
- Huntsville, AL – Aerospace and technology hub.
- Knoxville, TN – University of Tennessee and tourism anchor events.
- Des Moines, IA – Insurance industry and agricultural events.
- Bozeman, MT – Fast growing tech and outdoor recreation hub.
- Bismarck, ND – Energy and government events
- Carson City, NV – State capital and outdoor recreation
- Laramie, WY – University of Wyoming presence
- Bangor, ME – Tourism and Stephen King connection
- Burlington, IA – Agricultural area and Midwest conventions
- Biloxi, MS – Casinos and tourism focused events
- Sioux Falls, SD – Financial and healthcare companies
- Peoria, IL – Manufacturing and farm industry meetings
- Lincoln, NE – Government and university events
- Gainesville, FL – University of Florida hosts speakers
- Rapid City, SD – Gateway to Mount Rushmore and tourism
- Dubuque, IA – River transportation and manufacturing
Really though, just about any small to mid-sized city in America could periodically bring in speaker talent for niche industries, local companies, tourism, or educational institutions that host public events. The reasons are wide-ranging.