29 Jul CAMERAS, DRONES, ROBOTS: A SECURITY FUTURIST TALKS FUTURE TRENDS AND INNOVATIONS
We hear from the best-known security futurists that countless future trends and innovations are currently taking shape in the field. To this extent, the industry is expected to experience significant growth and evolution in the coming years. If you were to ask us where we might look for examples in our work, we security futurists would wager that you’d see growing evolution in coming weeks and months driven by factors like:
- Technological Advances – The industry will incorporate more sophisticated technologies like AI, automation, biometrics, smart surveillance systems, drones, and cybersecurity analytics. There will be a focus on seamless integration and automation.
- Internet of Things (IoT) – With the proliferation of connected devices, security will need to be built into IoT networks and products. Per security futurists, IoT security presents a host of potential upsides and pitfalls as well.
- Cloud Computing – As more data and systems migrate to the cloud, cloud-based security, identity management and encryption will become increasingly important.
- Remote Guarding – Demand for remote monitoring and live video guard tours will increase thanks to advancements in cameras, sensors and communication technology.
- Cybersecurity – IT and network security will continue to be one of the fastest growing segments driven by ever-evolving cyber risks, ransomware and data breaches. It’s a favorite topic of many security futurists.
- Automated Threat Detection – Machine learning and AI will enable security systems to analyze data and automatically identify anomalies and threats. Human monitoring augmented by automation will rise.
- Customized Solutions – Providing customized and industry-specific solutions will be key differentiators, as opposed to a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Data and Risk Analytics – Using big data analytics to assess risks, identify patterns and generate actionable insights will be a competitive advantage for firms, according to leading security futurists.
Put it all together and technological disruption, intelligent systems and sophisticated cyber threats will shape the future landscape of the security industry. Companies that leverage these trends will thrive going forward.