29 Jul WHAT’S THE FUTURE OF SECURITY? – A FUTURIST KEYNOTE SPEAKER WEIGHS IN
Pop quiz: Security keynote speakers give live/online virtual presentations on many topics – what type of firms do they tend to give workshops, seminars and training classes for? It may interest you to note that there are various types of companies that operate in the industry, providing different products, services, and solutions. Heck, we’d be shocked if most people could name 5-10 different types of them. For fun, we thought your favorite security keynote speakers might give a brief rundown of varying kinds…
- Security Systems Integrators – Design, install, integrate and maintain electronic security systems like alarms, video surveillance, access control. Examples: ADT, Johnson Controls, Stanley Security.
- Locksmiths – Specialize in making, installing, repairing, opening locks and managing key systems. Like security keynote speakers note, many provide 24/7 emergency lockout service.
- Security Guard Companies – Offer trained, uniformed security guards to protect property, assets, and people. Often used for events, retail, and corporate security.
- Private Investigators – Gather information and conduct surveillance for a wide range of cases. Help individuals and businesses with issues like fraud, theft, background checks.
- Armored Transport – Safely transport and protect high-value assets like cash, jewels, art, sensitive documents between locations. Think Brinks, GardaWorld, etc.
- Cybersecurity Firms – Assess vulnerabilities and provide solutions to protect data, networks, computers from cyber threats. Offer services like penetration testing, compliance audits, and incident response as security keynote speakers often explain.
- Security Consultants – Analyze risks and needs to advise clients on appropriate security strategies, technologies, and personnel. Common in corporate settings.
- Security Equipment Manufacturers – Design and manufacture security products like cameras, sensors, safes, barriers, hardware, and alarm systems. Examples: Axis, Hikvision, Gunnebo, Bosch.
In essence, the security industry encompasses providers of systems, services, advice, and specialized security solutions. Companies focus on different aspects like physical, electronic, cyber, or transport security.