16 Jul ASK A FUTURIST SPEAKER: WHAT IS SOCIAL eCOMMERCE AND SOCIAL SHOPPING?
As social ecommerce keynote speakers and online shopping futurists, we’re frequently surprised by what organizations don’t know offhand about this emerging trend and innovation. Then again, in some ways, it also makes sense given how relatively new such concepts are, even a full decade after social networks and social media services sprung to the forefront of public awareness and cultural consciousness. On the bright side for those wondering what it all means, as social ecommerce keynote speakers and online shopping futurists, we figured we’d talk about it.
To begin with, the principle speaks to the buying and selling of products or services through social media platforms and networks. The main points to know about it would be…
- Per top social ecommerce keynote speakers and online shopping futurists, the practice allows people to discover and purchase products directly via social sites like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Threads, YouTube etc. without leaving the app.
- Retailers and brands can showcase and market their products to social media followers and target specific demographics.
- Links, buttons or integrated payment options make it easy for users to purchase featured items with minimal clicks.
- User-generated content like reviews, recommendations and shared images drive discovery and influence purchase decisions.
- Social networks leverage data from social connections and activity to recommend relevant products to users.
- Shoppable livestreams, where viewers can buy featured products in real-time, are a popular social commerce strategy according to the best social ecommerce keynote speakers and online shopping futurists.
- Social commerce blends online shopping with the power of social sharing, engagement and influencers.
- Mobile commerce growth has made social commerce increasingly popular, as social apps are heavily used on smartphones.
- Key benefits include highly visual product discovery, personalized recommendations, seamless checkout and leveraging existing social followings.
All things considered, the trend utilizes the appeal and interconnectedness of social media sites to drive direct product discovery, sharing and purchasing all within a natively social environment. It provides a powerful sales channel for brands.