29 Aug ASK A TOURISM FUTURIST AND TRAVEL KEYNOTE SPEAKER: WHAT’S NEXT FOR VACATIONS?
Ask a travel consultant and you’d find that tourism futurist keynote speakers contribute to all manner of work assignments designed to help envision and plan for the future of travel. Just a few of many types of projects that they’re given by clients and associations in every field might run the gamut of:
- Travel technology forecasts – Predicting how emerging technologies like AI, robotics, VR, and biometrics could be applied from a tourism futurist keynote speaker’s perspective over 5-10 year timeframes. Envisioning the future traveler experience.
- Destination development plans – Creating long-range blueprints for infrastructure, attractions, zoning, and visitor services to guide investment and growth.
- Sustainability strategies – Crafting plans to make destinations eco-friendly through renewable energy, waste reduction, green transport, low impact designs.
- Visitor flow modeling – Using big data and simulations as tourism futurist keynote speakers to model and optimize how travelers move through airports, attractions, and congestion hot spots.
- Tourism foresight scenarios – Developing scenarios examining trends under different assumptions to stress test strategies. Could involve climate change, economic shocks, disruptive technologies.
- Workforce visioning – Anticipating future skills and roles that tourism futurist keynote speakers say are needed in travel and mapping out how to upskill. Planning for labor shortages.
- Traveler segmentation – Using psychographic data to understand potential new types of travelers and their expectations. Customizing experiences.
- Policy planning – Evaluating future policy environments as tourism futurist keynote speakers under different political leadership. Preparing contingency plans.
- Mega-project concept development – Envisioning the future purpose, design, and visitor experience for substantial new resorts, theme parks, convention centers.
Given how rapidly that the future of travel is changing, it’s no shock to find them presenting at many of today’s top industry conferences and events. The best tourism futurist keynote speakers weigh a variety of factors to offer big picture advice and strategies to companies in the space looking to stay ahead of the curve and adapt to fast-changing customer needs, after all.