17 Sep ASK A TOURISM SPEAKER: WHAT’S NEXT FOR TRAVEL, HOSPITALITY, VACATIONS & DESTINATIONS?
Tourism speakers are often hired to inform, entertain, and promote specific destinations or travel experiences. Typical assignments would be along the lines of as follows:
- Conducting destination research – Thoroughly exploring the area’s sites, hotels, restaurants, culture, history, activities, etc. to gain extensive first-hand experience.
- Crafting inspirational speeches – As tourism speakers, writing and presenting keynotes that motivate audiences to visit the destination, using compelling storytelling, photography, videos, etc.
- Leading guided tours – Hosting walking tours, bus tours, or other excursions to provide an insider’s perspective and share local insights.
- Offering trip planning advice – Providing guidance from tourism speakers’ viewpoint to potential visitors on booking travel, customizing itineraries, when to go, packing tips, and other planning considerations.
- Promoting partners and sponsors – Working with hotel chains, airlines, tourism boards, and other partners to showcase and recommend their brands.
- Engaging in media interviews – Representing the destination as tourism speakers or spokespersons in print, online, TV, and radio interviews targeted at various travel audiences.
- Creating marketing content – Developing blogs, social media posts, YouTube videos, photos, and other sharable assets the client can use to promote travel.
- Attending trade shows – Representing destinations and partners at consumer travel shows and industry events to network and generate interest.
- Providing photography/video – Capturing high-quality visual assets for clients to use as tourism speakers in marketing materials, ads, websites, brochures, etc.
- Leveraging influence – Promoting tours, events, and travel specials to the speaker’s own audience through their website, mailing lists, and social channels.