02 Sep WHAT’S THE FUTURE OF TRANSPORTATION? A TRAFFIC SAFETY KEYNOTE SPEAKER OFFERS THOUGHTS
traffic safety events:
- New vehicle safety technologies – Discussing emerging auto safety innovations like collision avoidance systems, lane-keep assist, automatic emergency braking, blind spot monitoring, etc.
- Improving roadway infrastructure – Strategies for enhancing road design, signage, lighting, etc. to reduce traffic accidents and promote pedestrian/bicyclist safety.
- Leveraging data and analytics – Using traffic data collection and analysis to identify problem areas and optimize road safety interventions.
- Advances in accident investigation – New techniques for conducting accident investigations and reconstructing crash scenes to better understand causation.
- Automated and connected vehicles – How technologies like self-driving cars and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication could enhance road safety in the future.
- Evolving regulations and policies – Updates on new regulations, laws, standards related to traffic safety at the federal, state and local levels.
- Public education campaigns – Best practices for promoting safe driving behaviors through outreach, social media, school programs, etc.
- Emerging risks – Discussing newer accident trends like distracted driving and strategizing prevention.
- Impaired driving prevention – Strategies and technology to detect and deter drunk, drugged and drowsy driving.
- Traffic enforcement trends – New technologies and approaches for improved traffic law enforcement and compliance.
- Vulnerable road user safety – Issues and strategies related to pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle safety.
- Success stories and case studies – Examples of cities/countries that have implemented innovative solutions to improve road safety.
The goal is to inform strategies and policies for reducing accident injuries and fatalities on roads through smarter design, technology, enforcement and education.