29 Jul UK SPEAKERS: WHICH CITIES HIRE THE MOST BRITISH KEYNOTE SPEAKERS?
Where are UK speakers giving the most live keynotes and virtual online presentations these days? It may surprise you to learn some of the answers to this question. We were curious ourselves, having often found ourselves in the position of being UK speakers and decided to look deeper into it. Based on demand and the number of major business events and conferences held, these cities in Britain would appear to tend to hire the most keynote speakers:
- London – As one of the largest economic hubs in Europe and a major global city, London hosts a huge number of large corporate events, conferences, and trade shows that require keynote speakers. There is major demand in fields like finance, technology, advertising, and more.
- Manchester – Major events and conferences focused on technology, engineering, manufacturing, and education take place in Manchester or so UK speakers tell us. The city is becoming increasingly important for business events.
- Birmingham – Significant destination for large academic and educational conferences that drive demand for inspiring guest speakers. Also a big draw for public speaking events.
- Edinburgh – The city hosts the second highest number of conferences in the UK. Events focus on science, technology, culture, politics drawing on Edinburgh’s major universities and cultural profile.
- Liverpool – Growth in recent years as a conference destination, especially for events related to digital technology and innovation. Home of influential gatherings like ThinkFest.
- Brighton – Major south coast destination for conferences on technology, sustainability, healthcare and other sectors, per leading UK speakers. Home to influential TEDxBrighton.
- Oxford – Draws academic conferences and lectures given its reputation as a learning hub, generating demand for distinguished guest speakers and thought leaders.
- Cambridge – Similar to Oxford, known globally amongst UK speakers as an academic city so frequently hosts university/student events with high profile speakers.
- Bristol – Emerging tech and innovation scene centred around its universities that host frequent start-up/technology conferences and events.