15 Jul WEB3 SPEAKERS AND FUTURISTS: WHAT IS WEB 3.0?
Consulting with Web3 speakers and futurist trends experts, we find that the concept refers to the idea of a new iteration of the World Wide Web based on blockchain technology and decentralized principles. It’s a good time to talk about this definition and why it’s becoming increasingly important to keep in mind as we move into the world of the future of the Internet and social media. All told, per some of the world’s most famous Web3 speakers and futurists, rumor has it that the idea encompasses:
- Decentralization – The idea aims to decentralize power and control away from big tech companies and platforms, giving more control to users and developers.
- Blockchain-based – Web3 utilizes blockchain technology, cryptographic protocols, and token-based economics to facilitate decentralized apps and platforms, or so Web3 speakers and futurists tell us.
- Creator economy – Users have ownership of their own data, digital assets, identities, etc. rather than having it controlled by corporations.
- Openness – Web3 promotes open standards, open source code, and permissionless innovation.
- Privacy and security – Encryption and blockchain technology can enable increased cyber defenses.
- Platform neutrality – Applications can work across different protocols and ecosystems rather than being locked into singular platforms.
- Participation incentives – The concept of Web3 provides reasons for users to actively participate through tokenized models and ownership.
Despite all the hype, do keep in mind though that, per top Web3 speakers and futurists, this technology is still in early development. At the moment, existing Web3 applications include cryptocurrencies, decentralized finance (DeFi), non-fungible tokens (NFTs), decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), and more emerging decentralized technologies if you’d like to experience them now, however.