13 Sep WHAT DOES A CEO COACH DO AND HOW DOES CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER COACHING WORK?
Ask yourself: What does a CEO coach do on a day to day basis, and how do they spend their time as a chief executive officer consultant? For those wondering, we break it down below…
- One-on-one coaching sessions – Regular coaching meetings (often weekly or biweekly) provide a confidential sounding board for the executive to discuss challenges, work through problems, and obtain unbiased advice from a CEO coach.
- Assessment – The consultant may conduct 360-degree reviews, leadership style inventories, or other assessments to give the executive self-awareness of strengths, blind spots, and development areas.
- Goal-setting – The expert collaborates with clients to establish leadership and personal development goals and create an action plan as a CEO coach providing advice here.
- Development planning – The coach creates customized development plans that outline learning activities, experiences, and training to help the C-level exec acquire new competencies.
- Progress tracking – Ongoing discussion and reviews help maintain accountability and monitor progress toward the CEO’s goals.
- Leadership development – Through instruction, modeling, and experiential learning, the CEO coach builds critical leadership, communication, and decision-making capabilities.
- Strategic guidance – The thought leader provides an impartial, experienced perspective to inform the client’s strategic planning and decision-making.
- Recommendations – The CEO coach may suggest resources, training, mentors, or other interventions to drive the business leader’s growth and address organizational needs.
- Feedback tool – The coach elicits confidential feedback from the executive team, board, and others to give the C-suite leader perception data.
- Work/life balance – The CEO coach advises on stress management, health, and achieving greater life and work satisfaction.
Offering candid, forward-focused guidance to maximize the CEO’s leadership impact, development, and well-being is the top priority here.