12 Nov WHAT IS A KEYNOTE SPEAKER? – TOP FUTURIST SPEAKING PRESENTER EXPLAINS
A keynote speaker is the featured presenter or speaker at a conference, convention, or other event. Top responsibilities and characteristics of effective presenters who work in the space as thought leaders include:
- Providing an engaging, memorable, and impactful presentation that sets the tone and highlights the main themes or ideas of the event. The keynote speaker often “opens” the event.
- Tailoring their content and style to connect with the specific audience based on shared interests, goals, challenges, etc.
- Utilizing storytelling, humor, data, visuals, demonstrations, and other techniques to deliver a dynamic speech.
- Providing unique perspectives, insights, inspiration, actionable takeaways, or vision based on their expertise, research, or experience as a keynote speaker.
- Having a level of fame, authority, or influence that makes them an appropriate featured speaker representative of the event.
- Working closely with event organizers on logistics and suiting the keynote topic to the desired program outcomes.
- Setting the bar high for the quality of the event’s presentations and engaging/motivating attendees from the outset.
The keynote speaker has an exciting yet demanding role. When done effectively, they capture the audience’s attention and imagination, providing lasting value that is remembered long after the event concludes.